Monday, November 29, 2010

Pumpkin Muscuits & First-time VOO.

The night before Thanksgiving, I tried to create a recipe for pumpkin muffins. I was planning on getting up early to be a cheerleader for Danielle as she did a 6K on Thanksgiving morning, and I wanted to bring some vegan muffins. However, I was still sick when I woke up and decided my body needed more sleep. Anyway, they turned out tasting like pumpkin bread/biscuits instead of muffins. I didn't use any sugar, so they weren't sweet, but I did add vegan chocolate chips to half of them and that provided enough sweetness for me. Here's the recipe (really roughly):

Pumpkin Muscuits:
1 can pumpkin
2 c whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 jars organic apple sauce baby food
1/4 c brown rice syrup
cinnamon & nutmeg to taste
1/2 c pumpkin spice soymilk

Before they were muscuits...

Fully baked muscuits!


VOO: Vegan Overnight Oats 
DElish.
Back when Danielle and I went to Daytona Beach, we visited a really cool little health food store. I bought this Chia seed mix (chia, buckwheat, hulled hemp seeds, dehydrated apples, raisins, cane sugar, cinnamon & sea salt), thinking the nutritional value looked great but I didn't really know much else about them. So when I found several recipes for VOOs on Angela Liddon's Oh She Glows which make use of chia seeds, I was really anxious to try one out. These oats were SO decadent. They tasted like dessert for breakfast. Dan, you would love these!! The only thing I did differently was add a few pinches of cinnamon and nutmeg. You can find Angela's really easy recipe here.

They were surprisingly creamy almost like yogurt.

This is how I felt after devouring them.


Christmas-like smells & Elf jigs,
Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment