Monday, November 22, 2010

For my first post, I want to tell you about what I made for dinner last night. I promise I will include pictures from here on out, but I don't want to forget to tell you about this one! The idea was from the cookbook Vegan with a Vengeance: Over 150 Delicious, Cheap, Animal-Free Recipes that Rock by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. It was a fantastic stuffed pepper recipe. I used 4 green bell peppers and the filling consisted of quinoa, black beans, mushrooms, tomato sauce, fresh rosemary, garlic, chili powder, and cumin. After cooking the filling on the stove and boiling the peppers, I stuffed them and topped them with panko crumbs and popped them in the oven for about 10 minutes. They turned out delicious! I was full after just one, making it the perfect hearty fall meal! I left our the salt, onions, and maple syrup in the recipe and added the rosemary and cumin, and they were still perfect! You should definitely try this one next time you have beautiful bell peppers on hand! It's one of those dishes you could vary a thousand ways and would be almost impossible to mess up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment