Sunday, November 6, 2011

Potat-asanga!

I created this dish to combine David's 2 favorite foods: mashed potatoes and lasagna. It was a pretty scary experiment, but it turned out great! The mashed potatoes actually filled the place of the texture of the ricotta cheese. Though starch was most definitely the star, it was a yummy treat!

I used an eggplant marinana sauce from a jar, and I made my own "cheese" (in place of mozzarella) using silken tofu, arrowroot powder, an improv. combo of soy nuts and pecans, garlic, and spices. I used whole wheat lasagna pasta and sliced zucchini, squash, and sauteed mushrooms and spinach. For the mashed "potates", I used a bag of small purple potatoes and mashed them with soy milk, Earth Balance, fresh garlic, salt and peper. I topped it all with whole wheat breadcrumbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment