Thursday, November 17, 2011

Feelin' Fancy? Try Parsnip-Apple Bisque!


Ok, the pictures definitely do not do this delightful soup justice! I looked up a bunch a recipes for parsnips, and I came accross several that pared the root vegetable with apples, so I decided to give it a try. I splurged on some very special ingredients for this one, making it oh so decadent! Here's what I used:

6 Parsnips
1 Honeycrisp Apple
1 Shallot
Vegetable Broth
Soy Milk
Cashews
1 tsp. Truffle Oil
Rubbed sage, cumin, black pepper, ground ginger, garlic powder, marjoram, and freeze-dried chives

I peeled and chopped the parsnips and apple and chopped the shallot, placed them all in a pot with the cashews in the vegetable broth and simmered for about 15 minutes. I added the truffle oil and seasoned them with all the spices and herbs above. I then transfered it all into a blender and pureed it all until creamy and smooth. I transfered it back to the pot and added the soymilk. Once it was all heated through and seasoning was adjusted to tasted, it was done! E Voila! Dinner for royalty! (Or me...by myself...in my pajamas.)

No comments:

Post a Comment