Saturday, March 12, 2011

Missed birthdays & Tofu in Brownies

Dani, you look absolutely beautiful in all of your birthday pictures. I miss you so! I am so so impressed (but not surprised) by your family and David's birthday gifts to you. What a lucky girl! I wish we could have celebrated our birthdays together this year! We'll just have to make up for it by getting extremely drunk and talking about how in love we are when I come home to visit.

As far as food goes, I did some vegan baking earlier this week. When I'm anxious, I bake. I was very anxious earlier this week due to being completely alone for two days straight. It's Spring Break right now and all (3) of my friends and my roommate were gone and I was stuck here for work. So, I baked. I made oatmeal raisin banana-sweetened cookies adapted from one of good ole Susan V's recipes and then made vegan brownies with tofu! I had had a block of tofu sitting in my fridge about to expire so I decided to try baking with it. It turned out great! I forgot where I found the recipe, but they turned out super dense, moist and yummy. The only bad thing is that I was limited on ingredients and had to use a bit of white sugar (ew).

Anyways, I love you very much and really enjoyed your subliminal message today. It obviously worked.

Soooo much love from me to you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment